Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the McDonald’s Trinidad & Tobago website.
This website is owned and operated by Arcos Dorados Trinidad Limited, a company registered in Trinidad & Tobago whose registered office is Building D, Grand Bazaar, Cor. Churchill Roosevelt Highway & Uriah Butler Highway, Valsayn, Trinidad (‘Arcos Dorados’).
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, this “website" means the following parts of the www.mcdonalds.com.tt website : www.mcdonalds.com/[example-menu]; www.mcdonalds.com/[example-aboutmcd]; www.mcdonalds.com/[example-media]; www.mcdonalds.com/[example-careers], which may link to other McDonalds websites.
Other McDonald’s websites may contain terms and conditions which are different from these terms and conditions.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions: • The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Arcos Dorados’ prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Trinidad and Tobago
RESTRICTION OF USE
Material from www.mcdonalds.com.tt and any other World Wide Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Arcos Dorados Trinidad Limited or any of its related, affiliated, or subsidiary companies (together, ‘McDonald's’) may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of McDonald's EXCEPT as follows:
McDonald's will not be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure. McDonald's will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site, even if there is negligence or McDonald's or an authorized McDonald representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or both. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages McDonald's total liability to you for all losses, damages, and causes of action (in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence), or otherwise) will not be greater than the amount you paid to access this site.
(i) you may access any part of the website;
(ii) you may download one copy of the material on one computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices.
Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose violates McDonald's intellectual property rights. The material in this website is provided for lawful purposes only. If you download software from our website, the software, including all files, images, contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (together, the "Software") are deemed to be licensed to you by McDonald's. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you, but remain with McDonald's, who has the right to use the intellectual property. You may not resell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human perceivable form.
RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY
McDonald's will not be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure. McDonald's will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this website, even if there is negligence or McDonald's or an authorised McDonald representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or both. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages McDonald's total liability to you for all losses, damages, and causes of action (in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence), or otherwise) will not be greater than the amount you paid to access this website.
All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to McDonald's through this website (together, the "Submission") will forever be the property of McDonald's. McDonald's will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas for its business (including without limitation, product, or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future McDonald's operations. Without limitation, McDonald's will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature everywhere. Except as noted below in this paragraph, McDonald's will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission. Personally identifiable information that may be received at this website is provided voluntarily by a visitor to this website. This information is for internal purposes only and is not sold or otherwise transferred to third parties of McDonald's or to other entities who are not involved in the operation of this website. Information submitted via a number of areas in this website, for instance, Write to Ronald, is not retained. Therefore, the above right to use Submissions is subject to this limited use of this information and excludes non-retained information. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not McDonald's have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Except as described otherwise, all materials in the website are made available only to provide information about McDonald's. McDonald's controls and operates this website from Trinidad & Tobago and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this website from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
• The material in this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
• McDonald's may make changes or improvements at any time.
• THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW. MCDONALD'S DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MCDONALD'S DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MCDONALD'S DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL IN THIS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT MCDONALD'S) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
• This website contains downloadable materials as well as links to external sites. McDonald’s is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content of such downloadable materials or external sites.
• By using this website, you understand that McDonald’s cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files or software of any kind, or from any source, available for downloading through this website, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or other code or defects that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
• McDonald's is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. McDonald's franchisees each hire their own employees and establish their own terms and conditions of employment, which may differ from those described. To be considered for a posted job opportunity, you must submit an application. Applications are active for 30 days, after which you must reapply.
CONTENT POSTED OR SUBMITTED BY YOU
By submitting or posting Content to this website, you grant McDonald’s the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, and promote this Content in any medium. Once you submit or post Content to this website, McDonald’s does not need to give you any further right to inspect or approve uses of such Content or to compensate you for any such uses.
McDonald’s owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by McDonald’s using or incorporating Content posted to this website.
You are solely responsible for anything you may post on the Websites and the consequences of posting anything on this website.
All information, ideas, suggestions, or other communications you submit to McDonald’s, including, but not limited to, Content posted on this website or communications sent via e-mail, will be on a non-confidential basis. McDonald’s will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such communications without limitation or obligation.
CONTENT POSTED BY OTHER USERS
McDonald’s is not responsible for, and does not endorse, Content in any posting made by other users on this website. Under no circumstances shall McDonald’s be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with any Content posted by a third party on this website.
If you have a question or complaint about this web site, please contact the McDonald’s webmaster.
• These Terms and Conditions will be governed and be interpreted pursuant to the laws of Trinidad & Tobago, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
• If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
• Possible evidence of use of this website for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
• This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the use of this website.
• McDonald’s may:
* change the format and content of this web site at any time.
* suspend the operation of this web site for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
• McDonald’s reserves the right to terminate access to this web site at any time and without notice.
• McDonald's can revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. By browsing this web site you are accepting that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and disclaimer and so you should check these each time you revisit the site.
• McDonald's products and services are available in many parts of the world. However, this website may describe products and services that are not available worldwide.
• This website may be linked to other sites which are not maintained by McDonald's. McDonald's is not responsible for the content of those sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by McDonald's of the sites. Yahoo! is a trademark of Yahoo!. A link has been set up with permission of Yahoo! solely as a means to facilitate linkage to the Yahoo! website. McDonald's use of the Yahoo! name and/or logo for this purpose does not constitute or imply any affiliation with Yahoo! or the endorsement or approval by McDonald's of Yahoo! products or services. By clicking on the McDonald's Stock logo, you will be leaving this website and entering an Internet site outside McDonald's control. McDonald's neither endorses nor is responsible for the content of Yahoo's! website. Likewise, Yahoo! does not necessarily endorse McDonald's products or services, nor is it responsible for, the content of this website.